On Page SEO Checklist
Welcome to the SEO tutorial, and today we will talk about the yet another exciting topic called On Page SEO checklist. If you are a new blogger, then it is a must to do thing for you. The On Page SEO checklist will help you to optimize your content effectively. Just make a checklist for yourself so that you will not forget a single point while writing a post.
Being a new webmaster it is very important for you to create an SEO friendly content. Because, if you are not a hobby blogger, then blog traffic and the page ranking is a very much important for you. Let’s check the On Page SEO checklist that you should not avoid.
On Page SEO Checklist – Follow to succeed
If you want to create a blog, then make sure you will count your blog as a successful blog. Otherwise, there are many webmasters who have stopped blogging, and it is just because of the lack of patience. We will consider On Page SEO checklist in two parts:
- Visible On Page SEO checklist.
- Non-Visible On Page SEO checklist.
We believe in providing creative and easy tutorials to our readers. This is what Sharplesson is popular for, and we have divided and named our On page SEO checklist in two parts. Enjoy your learning with step by step movement.
Visible On Page SEO checklist
We named it Visible On Page SEO checklist, because you can see the result on the page. Let’s see what those visible On Page SEO checklists are.
- Page Title- Try to create a catchy and keyword rich page title. The use of the keyword in the title will help search engine to decide, whether to consider in a search result or not.
- Heading – You need to work on raising the reader’s pulse by using the catchy heading. Another most important use of the heading is keyword placement. Make sure you will logically use keywords in your heading part. Only one main heading is appreciable by the major search engines.
- Subheading – Unlike heading, you can use more than one sub-heading. Depending on your content, you can have multiple sub-heading. Never forget to put your keyword in your sub-heading as well.
- Quality content – The unique and interesting content will grab you more visitors. Like this you can hold existing readers, and can expect reference and new visitors as well. If your content is not having a quality, then it will increase your bounce rate, and it is not at all a good sign for your blogging career.
- Body – Try to use keywords in a body of heading, or sub-heading. Always remember, you should avoid keyword stuffing, but you can maintain the ratio between the keywords used as compared to the total word count. This is called keyword density, learn the importance of the keyword density to improve your visibility.
- Image – Try to use a relevant image for your content, and never forget to optimize your image. For example, use keywords while naming it, and try to minimize the size of the image as well.
- Grammar – The Grammar is very important part of any successful blog, because for sure you will not follow or like to read an article with lots of grammatical mistakes or meaningless sentences. Try to proofread your content before publishing it. Because now days search engine will not take a risk to irritate their users by providing such loosely written articles.
- Social media links – Social media is a very good platform to promote your site. If you will publish your content on best social networking sites, then you will be exposed to the healthy audience.
- Internal links – Internal linking will let you hold your visitor for the longest time on your website. It doesn’t mean that you will link non-relevant links. For example, if someone reading an SEO article, then you cannot link Html pages. It is totally opposite topic, and it will increase the bounce rate of your site, and hence it will affect your SEO value as well.
- Outbound links – The use of the outbound links is very much important in the on page SEO checklist. Try to give more resources to your readers, if any website has that information that your reader will be benefited, then mention it. This will not only let you give editorial links to the other site, but also you have gained the trust of your reader as well.
- Easy to navigate – Your website should be designed as such that it will not confuse your reader. Because the website/blog traffic is dependent on the visitors of your site. If your visitor will find your site hard to use, then for sure next time he/she will not visit your website.
Non Visible On Page SEO checklist
Now we will see the non visible On page SEO checklist. Don’t forget it is more important to consider non visible On page SEO as well. If you will miss them, then you will partially optimize your content. Let’s see what those non visible SEO are:
- Meta description tag – Now Search engines don’t give more importance to the Meta tags, but yes, they use this information to understand the content. If it will match with the user’s search query, then for sure they will show in the search result.
- ALT text – the ALT text is non-visible On Page SEO checklist, and it is very important for search engines. Because, they don’t understand images, but they will read the ALT text, and if your image has ALT text with the keyword, then probably it will improve your search appearance.
- Mobile friendly sites – Google has officially announced that, they will consider the mobile friendliness of the site for the SEO. If your site is not a responsive one, then make sure you will create a blog using responsive themes.
- Robots txt – The use of the Robots.txt is very much important, it will tell search spiders to crawl certain pages or all pages. You can avoid crawling the under construction pages and you can submit a sitemap using the robots text as well.
- Page Speed – The page Speed is also an important on page SEO checklist. If your website takes too much time to load, then for sure, your visitor will move to the other option. In fact, post panda and penguin things are not easy for the bloggers. Low page speed will let you penalized by the search engines. Try to cut the things that are making your site slow or work on it to improve the page load time.
- Page Indexing – Make sure the page you have published is indexed by the Google as well. In fact, you can check how Google will see your page. Use the power of the webmaster tools to fetch and index your pages.
- Site Uptime – It is the one of the important On page SEO Checklist to consider. If your website is found down most of the time, then you will lose traffic and hence page ranking as well.
Read: How to create robots text file?
We have just covered the On page SEO checklist, and its type. For a new webmasters it is important to implement effectively. You cannot avoid visible/non-visible on page SEO checklist. The plus point of going to the white hat SEO practice is, it will minimize the chances of the penalty.
What next? Next we will see the Off page SEO checklist.
If you liked our content on the On page SEO checklist, then share it with friends or like us on the Facebook. If you have got any query, then share it with us. You are welcome for any suggestions as well.