Welcome to the Google Adsense tutorials. We have been asked by our readers to write something about Google Adsense. Many times we have received a query about the adsense, and its related stuff. Our SharpLesson team has decided to write full tutorials on Google Adsense and query related to them. Today we will discuss the three important points of Adsense:
- What is Google Adsense?
- Why Google Adsense?
- Cons of Google Adsense.
Yes, before getting into the Google Adsense sign up or its way of generating revenues, you should know the above mentioned points. We at SharpLesson, want our readers to follow the basics. The basics that have been set by the Google, because Google is a big giant, and nobody wants to be banned by Google. That is why, we are talking about the basics, and later we will move on to the much awaited topics.
What is Google Adsense?
It is a program that can be used by the webmasters to put text, display, and video ads. In return they will get money, if their readers will view or click the ads. Need not to mention that the Google Adsense is managed by the Google.
As a publisher, you can choose the type and size of the ads. Just put the code where you get more hits, and enjoy earning. The best part of Adsense is you will get relevant ads to your content.
Note: Do not ask anyone to click the ads or any other false activities.
Why Google Adsense?
If you are a new blogger or want to create a blog to monetize, then you should know the value and importance of the Adsense. We have many reasons to say yes to Adsense, let’s see what those reasons are:
- Anyone can apply – Yes, if you have a free hosting website or a custom website, anyone can apply.
- No traffic requirement – If you are a new blog owner, then you can choose Google Adsense to monetize your blog/website.
- No traffic restriction – If you will see the google Adsense alternatives, then you will find many. But many of them will require traffic from a particular location or so. There is no such restriction with Adsense, They are open for the global traffic.
- Best CPC rates – Yes, this is the most interesting part. You will get good cost per click rates as compared to other ad networks.
- Top brand networks – The Google has got almost all top brands of most of the countries. It means, you will display a quality brand to your readers.
- Easy tools – You need not to be technically sound for any of the tools to be used. Just create the ad units, put the code and just check the real time reporting’s. It is as simple as it looks.
Google Adsense – Cons
Now let’s talk about the dark side of the Adsense. If you will take our point, then it is not exactly a cons of Adsense. Let’s see what those points are:
- Adsense Signup’s – Now a days it is not easy to get Google Adsense approval so easily. They have two step review process, and many got failed in the first step itself. And others got rejected in the second review process. But still there are few, who come as winners. [Note: In both the process, people gets rejected, because of their fault only.]
- Steal visitors– Yes, if your reader will click on the ads, then they will be redirected to the relevant site. It means, the new site will open in the same window and hence you lost a visitor or can say your subscriber as well.
- Strict rules to be followed – As a webmaster, if you are found doing some false activities or fooling Google Adsense, then you are asking for trouble. The Google will ban you from their Adsense program. The only thing that will save you is, just become the obedient student.
- Payment Delay – The Google follows a net60 payment method. It means, once you will achieve your minimum level, then you can ask or they will send you check. But it will take more than 60 days.
We have seen the Google Adsense, its importance and the cons of the Adsense. It is for a new blogger or an experienced blogger as well. Just need to remember to behave like a well mannered and focused publisher. Otherwise, Google will ban you without any fear of losing one publisher.
In short, monetize your website, but do respect Google and its policies as well.
What next? Next we will see a Google Adsense sign up in one go.
If you have liked our content on Google adsense, then give us a feedback about your learning. You can like us or tweet for us as well. In case you have got any query, then do write to us. We always welcome each and every input of our readers.